The EFA 2021 Annual Meeting offers four sessions in collaboration with the Banca d’Italia, the Bank for International Settlements, the European Central Bank, and the Norges Bank Investment Management.
Papers for the special sessions will undergo the same submission and review process as regular paper submissions. Submitting to special sessions means that you are submitting to the main conference. The papers for these special sessions will be chosen from the pool submitted to the conference.
- Addressing the changing nature of the linkages between the real economy and the financial sector in an environment of rising corporate indebtedness.
- Pricing and mispricing of systemic risks in financial markets.
- Financial stability implications of safe asset shortages.
Bank for International Settlements
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) encourages the submission of papers on the topic Green Finance.
- Implications of climate change for financial stability and financial intermediation.
- Green asset markets and green asset management.
- Central bank policy and green finance.
European Central Bank
The European Central Bank (ECB) encourages the submission of papers on the following topics related to non-bank financial intermediation:
- Substitutability and complementarity of financial services offered by non-bank intermediaries.
- Implications for banks’ business models.
- Implications for financial stability and monetary policy transmission.
- Funding of the corporate sector.
Norges Bank Investment Management
Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) encourages the submission of papers on the topic Understanding the long-run drivers of asset prices:
- Asset pricing in an international context
- Institutional investor demand, lending supply and asset prices
- Tradable risk factors and their links to the macro economy
We welcome theoretical and empirical papers aiming to understand the longer-run determinants of asset prices, especially in an international context.